Thank you for your interest in P&C Construction. P&C employees are the backbone of our company, and to us, they’re family. Our people are some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable individuals in the industry today. Think you have what it takes? Let’s talk.
We are looking for a commercial construction project assistant. The ideal candidate will have experience maintaining subcontractor relationships and detailed project tracking, along with strong follow up skills. Experience with submittals and RFIs, and the ability to read plans and specs is preferred. The typical project manager assistant will work with 1-2 project managers routinely. This role is an important support role. The typical work week varies based on the current needs. A successful project assistant needs both the capability of performing construction tasks such as managing submittals, RFIs and project closeouts, and the willingness to spend significant time calling subcontractors to solicit bids and follow up on prior contacts.
At P & C, we are a family with strong values. We require our people to act with integrity and display the values that lead to long term relationships. Our reputation is of paramount importance to us.
We offer a great working environment with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Maintain up to date, accurate project records as required.
- Process project documents (submittals, RFIs, etc) in support of the project manager.
- Source subcontractors as needed in support of bidding process.
- Contact subcontractors by phone and email as needed.
- Other project support as directed.
Must be able to proficiently use: MS Excel, Outlook, Word
- Be able to work well with others
- Be able to take direction
- Be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Be ORGANIZED
- Have a TEAM approach
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to manage conflicting priorities.
- Commercial Construction Experience
- Ability to use PDF editor
- Familiarity with MS Project
- Ability to read Plans and Specs
- Familiarity with Sage 100
- Familiarity with web based project management software
- Procurement experience